Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentines.... is it good or bad?

Now I am a hopeless romantic, I always have been and always will be. When it comes to Valentines Day I love to have someone to spend the days with, to do things together, to spoil them and be spoilt but to be honest it doesn't bother me that much.
If I don't have someone to spend Valentines Day with then to me it is just another ordinary day. The only different between February 14th and every other day is the price of chocolate, restaurants and other things that are associated with the day.

This year I've got someone to spend the day with, well sort of. I'm stuck in Hull for the time being and my OH is in Darlington, both of us are at work so we're not going to see each other until the weekend.

We did our day on Saturday 11th February; well we sort of did. All we did was exchange cards.

On the inside of the card he made an effort even if the card itself wasn't romantic. The interior consisted of our little private joke so he did think about it.

I don't like spending an excessive amount of money on one day when I could save that money and spend it on something a bit more special, a weekend away, concert tickets or a night out for us both.

I can understand why people like the day, and why they buy each other expensive gifts, especially considering men tend to forget this day but to me it's a bit over the top. I tell my OH I love him every day. Out of the blue he buys me gifts and I think this in itself is more special that celebrating the one day of the year we are told to celebrate and get loved up for.

I love my OH and tell him all the time and this isn't going to change, so I for one will not be celebrating Valentines Day even if the rest of the world is.
I would like to say though, the single people would stop moaning about people enjoying the day. This isn't fair for the people trying to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment