Pages

Friday 3 February 2012

Irritant People

I've been doing a lot of reading lately, mainly of blogs and a few days ago I came across a blog, via facebook that made me really irate.

I don't use Wordpress but thought I would take a look as it was an entire blog about tattoos; and anybody who knows me knows I have a few of my own and I love tattoos.

This woman started of saying that she hated posting these kind things; well that got me thinking straight away that it was not going to be a very good post. The kind of post you know that is deliberately stirring trouble. Well I was right about this.

The article was stating that women should not have tattoos, that women should worship their bodies and treat them like temples because men drool over them. If that is the case then why are there so many female models and adult movie stars with tattoos, men love them. Admitedly not all men but not everyone likes the same thing.

"So what’s more attractive than a girl with a nice body? I’ll tell you what: a girl with class. Looks may not last, but class does. And so do tattoos." Right, so what you're telling me is women with tattoos are not classy. Does this apply to men too?

"Invest your time, money, and effort into a gym membership, or yoga classes, or new clothes, or experimenting with different hairstyles if you’re craving something new with your body, not a tattoo." So we should waste money on something temporary rather than something that lasts forever.

This woman also stated "Can you get meaning out of a tattoo? Arguably. If you want to insert ink into your skin as a symbol for something greater than yourself, then maybe you are proving a point to yourself or the rest of the world" well as a matter of fact yes you can get meaning out of a tattoo.
I have 2 tattoos, both of which I can have displayed if I so wish and keep covered if I so wish. Both of these have meaning to me. My first is a vampire, that shows my personality, a side of myself that is different. My other I had done after having my heart ripped to pieces, this was done as a reminder to myself not to let that happen to me again.
I can tell you something, this has worked. I am in a great relationship now with a wonderful guy and it is going great. This relationship is completely different to every other one I've had and I love the relationship.

So far this blogger has had thousands of replies from people with and without tattoos complaining about her lack of respect for others who choose to have tattoos. It really irritates me when people judge others by the way they look, by the music they listen to, the area they are from. Why not judge a person after you have met them and gotten to know them?

I know I myself am judging this woman but this is not the first blog she has done like this. Her entire blog is 'dissing' people with tattoos; people she has never met and will never meet yet chooses to publicly judge them to the whole world. Well guess what, I am doing the same thing to this woman. I think she is a prude, she needs to learn to live a little instead of sitting at a computer every single day complaining about the people of the world. Maybe she should get a tattoo too, something that she likes, that is meaningful to her, her mums name or something.

Anyway, seeing as I have mentioned my tattoos I'll let you have a look at them.




No comments:

Post a Comment